Monday, December 16, 2013

Simple delicious chocolate sauce, sans chocolate!


I WAS BLOWN AWAY YESTERDAY WHEN AFTER DINNER, I TRIED SOME HOMEMADE salted caramel icecream, with a rich chocolate sauce topping. What was even more surprising was that it didn't have any chocolate!

It was a thick, rich chocolate sauce that reminded me of the sauce in a McDonalds chocolate sundae. After begging for the recipe, I was told it was a mix of lots of cocoa, butter, vanilla, sugar and water. Her grandma taught her that recipe, so I felt I was getting a secret family recipe, but she couldnt tell me the quantities, she just knew when to add more until the consistency was right. Googling this, I found this recipe, which appears similar. The beauty is you can keep mixing until you finally get the taste and consistency you want.

GIVE IT A TRY. I COULDN'T BELIEVE THERE WASN'T ANY MELTED chocolate or cream, which are the two main ingredients I use in my chocolate sauces.




No comments:

Post a Comment