Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Changes to TP

Hello TP readers,

Sorry for the lack of posting - the year has started very busy, and maintaining a blog means time commitment! As a result, to save both you and I time, I will be presenting a new template for my restaurant reviews, called "Restaurant on a page".

Basically it is inspired by the corporate world - a "one pager" which is given to high level management who don't have the time to get into the details, but allowing them to read a quick summary so they are aware of the scenario.
I've noticed that with the less time I have, when I read other food blogs, I am starting to skim read. To address that, "Restaurant on a page" will be a simple review that shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes to read.

It is broken up into 4 headings

1 - BEFORE THE MEAL
2- THE MEAL
3 - THE RATING
4 - THE VERDICT

I hope this will make it a lighter read, and will bring a consistent way of reviewing restaurants. Every now and then, a feature restaurant will be reviewed, which will be a more in depth review. Also, I keep forgetting to bring my camera to take pictures of the food, which makes me not write up a review, so for now, I will just be using my phone camera, which means the photos won't be as good, but the review will be written and posted. Hope you find the changes overall to be an improvement. If not, your feedback is welcomed.

The other change is that TP Big Brother has moved from Melbourne to Auckland. My plan is to discover this new city through its restaurants/food/wine, and to conquer the city by doing the Auckland marathon.

It's good to be back on Twin Palates. Enjoy

- TP Big Bro

No comments:

Post a Comment